View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
NeoJuice

Where's the brake fluid coming from?

Just finished bleeding all the lines a couple weeks ago and finally have no leaks. I've been testing for leaks every couple days giving the pedal about 10-20 pumps then checking all my lines/connections after that.

Checked the underfloor booster yesterday and found two drops under the master. I checked it a couple weeks ago and had the same drops in the same place. Just as I did a couple weeks ago I cleaned everything up and made sure everything was dry and lid on tight & I'm wondering why this is happening and where the fluid is coming from.

Since its an under floor booster there is nothing above it that could be leaking down onto the master. If fluid was coming from the little weep hole it would be on the master next to the booster and not on the other protrusion.

Could the fluid be slowly seeping down and collecting on those two posts from the lid? Could I have the two fluid bowls to full and as the system relaxes cause a leak? The fluid looks a little darker I believe because there is a small amount of rust on the master even though it's brand new.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Images

NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote