View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #1274
daverod
SSN 706

Re: 1965/73 Cheap Build Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
When we lived in Thousand Oaks, Ca they had a problem with rats in that area. We couldn't sleep at night because of all the commotion going on in the attic. The Roof Rats would run all around up there and fight. It must have been 100 or more of them up there, because of how noisy it was. It was freaking us out. I found out how they were getting into the house. We had a in ground spa installed, and they ran the gas pipe from the other end of the house through the attic and down the outside wall on the other end of the house. The A$$ holes didn't seal the pipe where it came out of the wall. It was a small crack around the pipe that the rats squeezed through. We heard about this poison called D-Con. When they eat it they get thirsty, and since there is no water in the attic they leave to find water. When they drink the water it activates the poison, and they die very soon after that. It worked perfect, as we couldn't hear them anymore. Then I sealed up the pipe, and put a rat trap up there. I checked the trap every day, and got 13 more rats. I knew when we got one, because when the trap went off the rat would flip around, and we could hear that at night.

Sorry for the long story. It something I'll never forget.
My god Next thing you know you'll be posting it twice because you forgot what you said.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote