View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #51
willy3486

Re: Barnfind 1970 c10

Someone stole my wheels!!. Just kidding I took them off to clean up and repaint. They had a lot of surface rust so I wire brushed and hand sanded them. I primered and repainted them yesterday. I had five wheels and tires in a Dodge neon. I couldn't even have room for a fly to pass gas in my car. I had two in the trunk and the other three in the back seat. I am just glad I can fold the seat down. Here is the truck up in the air. I had five jacks total and two blocks with wood on top of them supporting the rear end.

We went and got some tires today. My father in law was in the battle of Midway in WWII and very patriotic so we got Goodyear for it. I don't think he would have approved of a company started outside of the US. I have had to buy some parts made out of the US but sometimes you have to. By the time I got home and the tires were on it was almost dark. I ran in and got the camera. If I get a chance I may pull it out tomorrow and take another one. I made a few but this was the best.

My wife was telling me today about her dad geting this truck and I had forgot it. The truck has never sat for sale on a car lot. He would get vehicles from this one dealer. The dealer had a place just out of town and he would sometimes have the autos delivered there due to lack of space at the dealership. He would bring them in when he sold a few. My father in law would go there and buy used trucks. The dealer told him that before he died he wanted to sell him a new truck this time and he had the perfect one just delivered to his place. He got my FIL to ride with him over to his place and he made such a good deal on it that my FIL bought it. It was the only new vehicle he ever bought.
willy3486 is offline   Reply With Quote