View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #56
willy3486

Re: Barnfind 1970 c10

Oops I forgot to post a update. I have been busy with a lot of projects. Anyway here is the latest. I put the project on hold until this spring. Just too cold out. There is a feed mill about a mile from my house and they now have a mechanic in a building on site. I wanted it checkout with a real mechanic before I got it on the road. He checked all the mechanical items on the truck. He replaced the u joints, front end items, rebuilt the carb and a few other items I forgot now. He was able to get it running nice.

I found the ground on one of the back lights was not connecting good. I fixed that. I also had the front end aligned. It drives really good. The only issue now is it has a little play in the steering. I eventually will probably replace the steering unit later on. I have driven it a few times. One project I am into now is that I have added a porch and small room onto my house. I had it framed and I have done the rest. I used the truck twice to get sheetrock. It hauled it fine. So the truck has served me well so far. I plan to replace a few small body pieces due to minor rust. I think I have about 3 pieces to replace. I plan on replacing them later in the fall. My favorite time to weld due to it not being hot like it is now.
willy3486 is offline   Reply With Quote