View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 06:22 PM   #21
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevis1 View Post
So how's that puppy running now?
Well, honestly it still has a fuel delivery issue. I think either the tank / fuel line is crapped up or the fuel pump is full of junk and not working too well. It fires right up and idles pretty good now but has a hesitation when you crack the throttle. I'd almost bet the pump is barely putting enough fuel in the bowl to keep it going. However, it cruises just fine and will do for me until time for the complete teardown. Not that the #%*^ing weather is any good for cruising!

I've been focused on the tailgate mods. I've pretty much gutted the tailgate and adjusted the liftgate to get the gaps and stainless trim fitment a little better. Of the 12 screws holding the hinges, only one came out willingly with the impact driver. The others had to be drilled out, but that's okay. I've ordered a 50# pull solenoid for the latch release. I'll use some sheetmetal tabs and clecos to position the tailgate/liftgate for welding, then disassemble the parts and haul them to the media blasters. Meanwhile, I need to get busy on the CAD program and figure out a vertical, curved and recessed handle that will activate the latch solenoid and serve to lift the one piece hatch.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote