View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #58
rsavage

Re: Blazer got some color today

Thanks Jim. I couldn't even find drums that had the knockout stamping outline in them anymore. Had a "technical expert" at Summit tell me just adjust them from the back. At that point I decided to ship them back on their dime and order a different brand (Summit's were Bendix) through Advance. They too didn't have the knock out stamping in them so I just gave up and made my own adjustment slots. I had previously checked with my local NAPA and they had some drums, which may or may not have the stamping, but were located at the manufacturer in Kansas City ( I think). So if I wanted to pay the shipping and twice the price of Summit's or Advance's drums, I could order them - not. As to the union, I changed copper washers and ground down their diameter slightly so they would fit into the very very slight recess on either side. Time will tell but so far, so good. If I could have found the thicker washers like were used when it was built, I wouldn't have run into this problem. Aftermarket copper washers are less than 1/2 the thickness of the originals.
2021 Durango RT 5.7

Last edited by rsavage; 01-29-2019 at 02:00 PM.
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote