View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
C10wip

Re: 1980 C10 fan shroud question

Not sure how much this will help but I had tried to put a fan shroud on a 4.1. My upper part looks like yours, and I had also installed a Spectra CU161 which is larger and fits the larger upper support. It is possible that I picked the wrong shroud as I did not go for the LMC one piece shroud since they had it listed as 81-87 and I have an 80 and they wanted $159 for it.
I tried to take the first two pictures similar to yours.
- First Picture - radiator and support ( could only find a chrome one )
- Second - Fan with respect to support - I probably have a smaller fan as I still have the 4.1. I am not sure if the center of the fan is at the same height with both engines and that could affect the apparent height.
- The third picture is with a fan shroud, GM Part #3110122 in place. There is a big mismatch, which I wasn't expecting. So, I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with this; it looks like I may be able to just buy the panel for the 400 in tommartin's picture and leave the other support in place to hold the radiator since it doesn't look like they will interfere; maybe this is what you will need to do. I'm probably going to buy the larger support and see how it looks.
- Fourth picture is the shroud by itself. This is the one piece version, I cut it at the bottom once I figured out that I was going to have to modify somehow and did not want to keep take the fan off. Besides, it was $12 brand new ( partsgeek I think ). The inside diameter of the shroud is 21 inches.
- Fifth picture is the bottom the shroud just to show that the shroud matches the place on the lower part of the support. It will need the brackets on the bottom as well as they're not on the 250.

I hope this helps.
Attached Images