View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #36
myoldmetal

Re: Bucket seats for you 67-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
Everyone's taste is different, that I completely understand, and mixing and matching engines and body parts is also completely understandable. I AGREE WITH IT ALL!!...it's how the world of hot rodding was born, and the marriage of British styling and pure American muscle gave us one of the best looking and best driving race cars the world has ever seen, but remember the AC Cobra was, as I have said, a marriage of two things that were born to go together, they work together they are in harmony. My point was only that these later model seats never look like they belong, IMO they are not in harmony and mostly out of proportion to the size of a 67-72 cab. I like bucket seats if I found a good retro set that I thought looked like they would work in both style and size I would buy them and fit them...no question.
Sorry if I've stepped on any toes...this is just my humble opinion.
i dont think that anyone feels you were stepping on any toes. You are entitled to your opinion just as much as onyone else.
I agree with you about some seats not looking right in the cab of our trucks, but some other people on here may feel a bit different. I used to have a seat out of a 99 Dodge truck in my 71.....hated it after a week! it was too big and I pulled it out. Now I have a 91 F250 seat in there and it is much smaller in scale and I believe it looks great. I think the seat you instal depends on what other mods you have done.....everything has to flow in my opinion
71 K20 4x4-454/700R4/4:10 locked up
64 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
90 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 16V (daily driver)
myoldmetal is offline   Reply With Quote