View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #16
Auroch

Re: Recommended Transmission for 5.7L 350 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
TH350's are stouter than people give them credit for. Even in stock form.

What RPM are you turning? Most people nowadays are spoiled with modern EFI and OD transmissions. If you're worried about parts and longevity... a 350 with a TH350 is made to take the RPM's and live. However, your wallet may not be able to with fuel consumption.

Gary
Yeah, I'm probing the options. I was reading an article on the TH350 that actually gave it very high praise and I can understand why. But yeah, saving on gas would be nice. I've done a few upgrades that I think help me out on fuel economy, carb, exhaust and new intake manifold. So I might have a good balance (maybe). If the transmission starts failing I'll definitely upgrade it to a 4 speed, just not sure which yet. Probably the 700R4 from what I've gathered so far. I also like how light the TH350 is in comparison to the rest, while putting out respectable performance.

So about the RPMs, it's my fault, I have a lead foot... I push the truck too much on the interstate. I don't have a tach on my truck yet, by the sound, I'm guessing I must be doing 4000 rpm on average; that sound right?
Auroch is offline   Reply With Quote