Thread: Th350 question
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #14
Chevyrestorerman
Account Suspended

Re: Th350 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasz71 View Post
First post. Long time lurker, first time poster.

So I recently bought my first square body.

1975 k10. 400/350/203

Previous owner said it needed some TLC, and I was ready for a mediocre project.

So right off the bat, the th350 wouldnt shift from 1-2. It had 1 and reverse. So after googling, I replaced the vacuum modulator. It has vacuum at idle. Still no shifty. Next I pulled the governor. Turns out, the plastic gear had broken off. Got it out (nightmare), then put a new plastic gear on. The piston was moving freely. Still no shifty. So I noticed the trans pan was dented and had a slow leak. So I just got finished swapping the pan (one with a drain plug), and added fluid. Fluid level is perfect. Still doesnt shift.

After hours and hours of googlin, I come to yall for other suggestions.

Thanks in advance
When you had the pan off, what was in the bottom of the pan ? Any metal or clutch type of material in the pan ?

Here again, people chase issues on transmissions and want to put the truck on the road not knowing for sure if the truck will leave you on the side of the road. Simply pull the transmission and have it rebuilt. This would eliminate all your worries when you want to drive the truck and if you wanted to drive it 200 miles you can. Its not like its going to cost a arm and a leg....why did you buy the truck in the first place ? to drive it ? you drove the truck before you bought it right ? did it shift than ? so if it didnt shift you knew you were going to have to address this issue....got it cheaper because it wouldnt shift....spend the money and fix it right.

Last edited by Chevyrestorerman; 10-04-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Chevyrestorerman is offline   Reply With Quote