View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #34
yousesteers

Re: "Brown Truck" 1984 K30 Crew Cab

Now with everything running it and installed it was time for some driveshafts I measured them up swapped the yokes on the new 205 transfercase with the ones off of the old 205 transfer case and then had a shop shorten the rear drive drive shaft in front of the carrier bearing and lengthen the front drive shaft each had to be done about 3 inches. I just measured them and gave the shop the measurements and where I had measured each one. I then mounted up the transmission tunnel I had to cut new holes for the transmission shifter and the transfercase shifter. The transmission moved back 3 1/2 inches and the transfercase moved to the right about 4 inches it is actually on the curve of the tunnel I cut the new holes and got the tunnell back in place then covered the old holes with some diamond plate aluminum I put the Chevrolet boots back on with some modification but am not satisfied with them. Once I got my back and installed I started drivng the truck some. This was about the middle of July. At this time I did not cahnge any rear end Ratio it was still the 4:56 gears and I stuck the dodge down pipe and abotu 6 ft of pipe on it for an exhaust I was needing the truck back and knew with work it would be 2 months plus before I got to work on it again.
1966 IH Scout has been a work in progress for 16 yrs
yousesteers is offline   Reply With Quote