View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 06:27 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Re: Gas Tank Relocation-Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjim View Post
I am about to go fuel injected and I actually use my truck, besides the stock tank has rust inside and needs to be replaced anyway.
I drive my truck to work at least twice a week and just got back from taking it on a hunting trip. some of the things I carry in my truck I would prefer to have stored out of sight behind the seat.
if the stock tank works for you, awesome. for many of us it doesn't
The stock tank worked for "everyone", till people who only know newer trucks with tilt forward seats, are used to driving cars, or extended cab trucks starting driving them. Those of us who have driven them all along have done so because we appreciate the superior engineering put into these trucks. A classic truck you can still daily drive nearly 50 years later. Trucks have always been tight in the cab. Truck guys always accepted that, or they install caps or tonneau covers

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote