View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 07:11 PM   #315
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Well, the NJ weather finally took a turn for the better and we got a few warm days to finish painting the dash. As soon as it was dry enough I got the damn thing back in and out of the way in the garage.
[/URL]

I had to make a bracket to firm up the the dash behind the steering column as the old one was thrown out with the half assed swing arm brake pedal assembly. You can kind of see it through the dash cluster opening. I also started putting in some of the switches so I can plan my wire routing. This is going to take some time as my OCD tends to make me contemplate things for hours on end. LOL!
[/URL]

Got the heater back in with a new core and new 12 volt motor. I don't want to re-hash everything I had to do to save this heater, but lets just say it was a pain in the butt. Looking back I probably should have just nixed a heater altogether but we get some nice days here in the fall and winter, their just a little cold. Unfortunately it was my only option as I could not find a heater that would fit in the space I had (9 1/4").
[/URL]

Also got the last piece of the puzzle for the dash so I can start making my wire connections. I was going to go with Dakota digital but I cheaped out and went with Autometer. Just waiting on a wiper switch and grounding blocks that are on order. Then I can really jump into it!
[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote