View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #943
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

No going back now. I pulled a string down both sides to line up the body line. Considering that the truck had been wrecked more than once, the Envoy frame I used had been wrecked in the front and the truck body is 60 years old, everything lined up pretty well. The rear wheel placement has been something I have been really concerned about from the beginning. By moving the bed forward to a point where the front bed cap is about 1/2" from the cab, I achieved a satisfactory wheel placement. I'll post a better photo when I have it out next.
Name:  IMG_8713.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  51.0 KB

After I got I lined up, I welded the bed in each corner and will come back later with some additional brackets or maybe even an entire cap over the bed rails. Still have to weld the loose front bed cap (at cab, red magnets holding it place). I cut it off of the '95 front bed cap and it will simply slip over the shortened front bed panel and line up with the tops of the bed rails. I'll install the bed diagonal support pieces next followed by installation of the doors.
Name:  IMG_8718.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  56.9 KB
Name:  IMG_8724.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  33.1 KB
Name:  IMG_8725.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  31.2 KB
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote