View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #833
CC69Rat

Re: 1969 C10 SWB - Big Block project

Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
Wow! That green glass looks super sharp. It takes me back to when I was a kid. If I ever have to swap the glass in mine I'd certainly go with that. Is the windshield the same? Does it have a sunscreen band across the top?

Great work guys!!!!
Thank you for all the compliments, this truck is really starting to come alive. I just want to say if it wasn't for my parents this truck would still be sitting in my garage with boxes sitting in it, on it, around it and 4 flat tires. I've had a rough few years both personally and professionally and was in a very dark place for a while. I just dropped off the earth for a little bit. I didn't have time to do anything I truly enjoyed, lost several friends over stupid stuff but man I can tell you at the end of the day your family is all you've got. It's what we can all say we work and live for. Without my faith and my family I'm not sure where I'd be. My Pops has been amazing putting this truck back together. I basically handed him the truck fresh out of the body shop, all my parts I had collected over the years and he just made it come to life. I love this man.. and he is really proving his skill with these trucks. We have put a lot of them together over the years but he's showing out on this one. We have never taken one from a shell all the way back up. I has been fun.

Chris, the green glass was an option as I understand it, the CST trucks would have come with it. I think it's called sunscreen glass or something like that. It's super difficult to find original green tint glass (that's not scratched up really bad) so all the glass in the truck was replaced. The windshield has the tint too with a darker strip across the top.

I don't think we're going to make it to Good guys with the truck but that's ok. We are still going even without the truck. It's going to be close but it's my fault. Just too much going on. Pops has done amazing I just don't want to push it. And.. I'd kinda like to drive it and show it a few times before it's gone.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote