View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #462
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So.....

Remember where Prozac joined my random ramblings??

Remember why??

The last few weeks have turned my speed down to an output equivalent to about 30% of my own expectation.

Anyway, Sally and I went to see friends in Maidstone earlier and to look for a Honda CR-V from FB Marketplace supposedly being sold by someone. It seems he is a total timewaster, maybe getting a kick when people respond, wanting to buy the car.

Anyway, still don’t have a replacement for Prozac with more than the 1400cc motor, and fitted with a towbar.

So when we got back home, I reversed the Berlingo down to the garage and opened the shop.

This has has been building up for a while, since I started gathering my thoughts and motivation around getting back on the C10 Restoration.

So Sally helped me load the Berlingo and took photos.

Amazing how large the doors are. Original Drivers side.

Replacement passenger door, original went to Ian Brown with some patch panels for his restoration, already repaired and painted.

Typically being supervised by my assistant.

She makes me laugh, more dog than cat.

Had to drill out the front panel engine bay light switch as it was rusted tight in position

Two doors in, front panel next.

Reconsidering it, the front fenders went in, followed by the inner fenders.

Almost all there.

Pair of good rust free replacement inner fenders bought from Del in Essex from a truck he broke a few years ago.

Then went back into the garage and found and unpacked the front radiator support panel and managed to wriggle it in as well.

Tomorrow morning early I have my pre-work at a hospital 20 miles from here, and after that I hope to go drop off all these truck parts for media blasting and Etch priming at Ashford industrial estate

Hopefully it will save me some preparation time on the welding and painting of the truck parts for the resto.

I believe getting these jobs done in the intricate parts of these panels will save me some time and a lot of effort.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote