Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 04:29 PM   #275
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root2812 View Post
Thanks guys. Hard times do come and go. My grandma almost died a year ago and it didn't look good so this whole last year was like grandma bonus time which we were all thankful for. She was almost 90 so it was a good run, she lived a good life.

Oh and that old convertable. Yeah its a Pontiac. Its a 1967 GTO. Its just been sitting in a corner of the garage taking up space for over 30 years. My dad bought it in 1984 for $100. It was time to haul it off to the scrap yard to make room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 918733 View Post
holly crap i would have doubled his money 67 is my favorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptc View Post
'67 GTO CONVERTIBLE... ???? yea I'd say he had a little gold mine there in any condition.... Im sure he made the scrappers day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Root2812 View Post
Ok Ok... I'm mean I know. I told my dad that someone asked about his car on my forum and he put me up to saying we scrapped it. I was just joking about hauling the GTO to the scrap heap. It has sat since the engine fire it had around 1979 and my dad bought it in 1984. We stripped it down to the shell and started the body work that weekend my engine work fell through due to the missing main cap bolt. As you see it is after the car was stripped down and we were about to haul it to my dad's shop. We had to roll my truck out to get to it and thats why it was outside and prime for a picture. The GTO is missing the motor and transmission so the current plan is to as a 6.0 LS. Otherwise the car will stay stock so it looks 1967. The only reason for the LS is that my dad wants to drive it and the newer motor with fuel injection will get better fuel economy compared to an old big block and it will have good power. The car is really far from perfect and it will never be numbers matching so its just going to be a summer cruiser and not a show car. He has dreamed about this car since he bought it but something always came up. This time its happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Whew...glad the Goat is safe.
So this little exchange was a while back (2015) but I figured I would let you guys see the finished product since you seemed interested in the GTO as a bare rusty shell. My dad was slowly working on the car since that photo was taken but then he had two heart attacks and was diagnosed with cancer right after he retired. Once he had energy again we put our energy into getting the GTO done for him to enjoy. I should have shut the door for the picture but the car is done.
Attached Images