View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #27
Green Monster

Re: Subwoofer under passenger seat?

I remember the horns were starting to make an emergence back around '96. I have two 4" Orion coaxial in the center speaker location. They are okay, but the horns are definatly the way to go for stealth. There should be plenty of space under the dash for the horns. I never heard them, but I would imagine they have way better sound than the 4" coaxials when combined with a well driven 10" sub.

I could then get away with just some 4" mids under the rear seat facing forward sine I only need 25% coming from the rear. They're just filler. Sweet.

I see what you are saying about the down facing sub making my Blazer a rattle trap. Hmmm. I really don't want to have it exposed though. Seems I would have to put it behind the rear seat to make it face the rear. I have a 10" sub in my Mustang and it faces the rear. Sounds great. I wonder if having the sub in the back of a car is just for conveience or does it sound better. Think about it. Most new cars do not have the room for a sub up front. So they go in the rear where space exists. Our Blazers have plenty of room under the front passenger seat, so why not just put it there? Home audio subs can be up front by the TV. Sounds good to me. Besides, having the sub under front passenger seat might make my wife happy. :happy:
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote