View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 05:06 AM   #682
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Well, sometimes it pays to be kind.

I don’t do it for any other reason, than it not affecting me, if one or two or three people eat dinner.

So my new welder lodger has settled in well, he and Sally get on well, take the pee with me etc.

I cook most nights as I work from home with Covid-19 and Sally who gets up at 4.15 for work, eats here, so when Andy moved in three weeks ago, it was no skin off my nose to offer him dinner when we eat, he likes spicy food, we doo, so no wasted food as shops often pack and sell in odd numbers as they know it forces double up buying so you can get an even number of portions, vegetables are cheap too.....
Tossing laundry in the machine works the same way even though these things are not included in the lodging cost, makes no difference to me.

Anyway, this weekend he went home to see his wife and son and also his parents.

Monday night he came in from work bearing gifts, these were stashed in his dads garage from various previous contracts over the years where he gets issued with new tools per contract, that then never get used as the ones he has in use are perfectly fine. So he just stashes the spares or used ones and at the end of contract stuff gets skipped.

In fact, when he moved in here as contract manager and backup welder to the current contract a week before it started, he borrowed two 1/2 inch drives and a few sockets from me as there was stuff to be done but no tools on site, again, not really a problem when stuff comes back.

So now I have a brand new 1.0 meter breaker bar (was needed when I tore down the C10 and Blazer) and a 38mm socket plus some files and a small square (mine was stolen a long time ago)

Chuffed.

Karma?

And another random happening from this week.

I do love it when people pop in unannounced when I am at home, this working from home thing sucks and is a bit lonely at times.

So the doorbell rings and it is Charlie, the local farmer who historically used to call me to see if I or Nicola my ex wanted to go drive the combine harvester in the back field when harvesting (thing drives itself really)

“Got time to boil the kettle?”

So a quick coffee and a risk and he is off to fill up his tractor and get back to work.

When your company car does not fit on the drive.....

More later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote