View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #61
1981Stepside

Re: LT1 powered stepper

Update - the box has been dropped off at the body shop! My body guy told me that I could save some labour if I cleaned off the fenders and steps instead of him, so I grabbed a scotchbrite flap disc and went to town. I wasn't told how far to strip them so I took them down to bare steel. On the truck, they looked pretty rough so I was fearing the worst of what lurked underneath, but much to my surprise, they were pretty clean.

Here's the drivers side:
Name:  IMAG1022.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  24.0 KB
another
Name:  IMAG1025.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  22.2 KB

and here's the passenger side:
Name:  IMAG1026.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  24.1 KB

A couple of trouble spots, but nothing to lose sleep over. I wish I had recorded the body guy's reaction when I dropped everything off and pulled the fenders out of the trailer. When he told me to clean them off, he just meant the majority of the paint around the damage spots. He joked that all the fenders needed was a shot of clear and to be bolted back on the truck.
After he gave everything a once over, there were some waves and ripples but he told me ther wasn't anything there that he couldn't fix. So hopefully, in a couple of weeks he'll have the back half of the truck done and I can ship him the cab and chassis.

In the mean time, I still need to finish aligning the passenger side door. Turns out that I need to adjust the front of the hinge to bring the door forward so that means I'm going to have to rip the hood and fender off (again) to get to the hinge bolts. I think while I'm at it, I might just leave off all the extra bits (bumpers, lights, chrome, etc) so I'll have less to take off later when the truck goes for paint.

My LT1 Silverado build-up: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=549660

Check out my new YouTube channel! - https://youtube.com/channel/UCXk5mZOQI1sEnu5bIkhe7fA
1981Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote