View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Inner vs Outer...It's a battle

Let me start by saying that I am using Goodmark front outer and inner fenders, so I know I am already at a disadvantage here.

I've put on the outer fenders several times in the build process with no problems, but I went to install the inners for the first time and had zero issues with the drivers side. Everything lined up and it bolted right in. The passenger side on the other hand has been a battle. I finally have it in, but I have three holes on the outer/inner lip that aren't even close. I have a small gap between the core support and the outer fender that will not close up due to the inner fender.

Do I have an incorrect inner or outer fender somehow? Am I just not holding my mouth right? Is this normal? What tricks can you tell me that I can see if I can get this thing to work? No idea how I will fight this B@$=@!* in there once it is painted.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote