Thread: Fuel pump
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
Anthony14

Fuel pump

Hi guys. I have a SBC350 with a TH350. TCI 2500 Stall, 3.42 gears, Brodix IK200 heads, 224/234 cam with .491/.519 lift. Holley 750VS, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake.

Took my truck out for a cruise and hammered the gas. Pulled through 6500rpm, I shifted into second, then when crossing 5000rpm it started bucking and kicking like it was starving for fuel. I did this 3 times and everytime was the same. I'd let off the gas, she'd catch up, and continue to cruise normally.

I feel like if this was a ignition problem then regardless of what gear I'm in it could happen constantly at that rpm. I'm thinking my mechanical fuel pump is going; I'm burning up the fuel in the carb through the initial first gear pull then by the time I hit second the carb is empty and the pump can't keep up.

This is the second NAPA fuel pump, first one just flat out died. I pulled up the specs and it's only rated for 23GPH. After doing some research I'm not sure that's even close to sufficient. I have 3/8" fuel line front to back. I'm thinking I need a fuel pump and considering the Edelbrock 1721.
Anthony14 is offline   Reply With Quote