View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 01:35 AM   #122
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAULIN' IT View Post
One thing I will suggest before you paint the frame...I feel you should put a flat plate (even something like heavy sheetmetal) to box at least the top of the motor mounts. My concern is that they look like they could "rack" on an abrupt stop. That Left one is pretty long & looks like something that could bend. Just about anything to tie the Two uprights, the tube & the flat area at the frame together should make a BIG difference...simple square welded on four sides. My Two Cents, Lorne
thanks! I am not done welding on the frame, I want to pop the cab back on and just do a sanity check on wheel position, I feel like the cab is further back than I have seen others mount theirs. but since there are no details from others on mounts or dimensions I am kind of winging it.

on the racking, I can see where you might be concerned but I think the third mounting point, the trans, will keep that kind of movement in check. I have seen guys make v8 mounts with, I am not kidding, ONE leg. torque is the main force on these mounts, even one leg has the support in the right direction to counter that force.

I still plan to reinforce them, so my confidence is more in your comment than in my own justification

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote