Thread: 292 Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 10:34 PM   #154
Seanext

Re: 292 Questions

Ok, I just skimmed through the tread, just my two cents worth I didn't see anything on these items so if they are there please forgive me.

1. Vacuum advance take the distributor cap off then take the vacuum line and apply a vacuum source and make sure the advance is working as it should. Had a advance stuck on a V8 and had the same symptoms.

2. Take the gas line off the carb and place it in a gas can and spin the engine over and make you sure you have a good steady stream. I have seen a worn cam lobe for the fuel pump causing the engine to loose power when throttle is applied or could be bad fuel pump. This engine would run fine at idle.

3. Change coil I have seen coils break down as RPM's increase, run at idle but can't handle the rapid firing.

4. Fuel tank go to the pet store and buy the rough gravel that goes in a fish aquarium I used about 15lb fairly cheap but is small and will get in all the small places. I put in the back of my daily driver laying down and drove it for a couple days about 20 miles to work each way on one side then flipped it over and couple more days. Was clean as a whistle in just a few days. Yes it was a pain the rear to get all the gravel out but it is heavy and any that is left will fall to the bottom and stay. Ran that truck for several years with no issues and no chemicals to deal with.

Again if already tried sorry for wasting your time, just what I have seen over the years that may be causing you problems.
Seanext is offline   Reply With Quote