View Single Post
Old 09-07-2023, 08:03 PM   #83
WIDESIDE72

Re: S10 Frame Swap on 47-53 - Would you do it again?

About ten years ago I came across a good deal on a 55.1 five window pickup. I decided to upgrade the suspension and steering and after weighing the pros and cons of upgrading the stick frame vs an S10 chassis swap, I decided in the s10 swap. I knew where I could pick up a 1985 s10 lwb rolling chassis for $300. I sold all the body parts for $400, so I made money. I decided to use the EZ Chassis swaps kit to save time. I picked up a wider 4x4 rear axle with 4.10 gears and posi for $100 and sold the old rear for $50. The swap kit worked extremely well. If you have the time and skill it may not be worth it to you. It is a little more comprehensive than mentioned above. Not only does it have brackets and instructions for the cab bed and bumpers, but it comes with pieces to mount the s10 steering column and brake booster. Unfortunately “life has gotten in the way” as they say and the truck project is currently dormant. It currently has a rebuilt vortec 350 with a carbed intake, ZZ4 crate motor take out cam, s10 b8 swap headers and an S10 T5 trans. It still needs floors, bodywork and wiring.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote