View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #38
63GMCKid

Re: '63 GMC 4x4 "Just Because I can/Do It All" Build

And here are those transfer case mount plates, everything fits up perfectly! Don't mind the funky plate bolted to one of the factory mounting bosses with 2 poly bushings, that was a failed attempt at a cool setup, going to go with a single wide poly bushing there instead of 2 angled ones.

Front...

Back...

Now I am working on the transfer case crossmember(s), since the factory divorced tcase crossmember has to come out, I needed another structural piece to add to the frame, so I cut 2.5'' square holes in the frame, going to weld in the 2.5''x1/4'' wall square tube (not yet cut to length), have holes drilled through those 2.5'' tubes, then have 2''x1/4'' wall square tube that goes through the 2.5'', and bolts will run through that as well. Should stiffen up the frame quite a bit in this area, and will serve double duty as a skid plate mount and transfer case mount. The case itself will have poly bushings, but these crossmembers are obviously solidly mounted. The individual tubes that will go up to the poly bushings will bolt into the 2'' tube after its slid through the frame. The long winded explanation may be a little difficult to picture, I've got a pic now with just some scraps of tube in place to give you a better idea of what I'm going for here. Should have this finished by tomorrow with more pics.

Finally feeling like I am making some progress on this thing, it's starting to look like a truck again! Not too long before I can put the cab back on it and start cutting up the floor to clear the transfer case.

Last edited by 63GMCKid; 03-12-2012 at 01:10 AM.
63GMCKid is offline   Reply With Quote