View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
53Sparky

Re: Rust Therapy - 62 C-10

The cab corners are clean and rust free. When I pulled up the flooring it looks like you can still see factory paint/primer on most of the floor. I saw some evidence of some rodent nests under the seat which I'll clean up soon.

The plan is to do a frame off rebuild of all things mechanical but try to keep as much of the body as close as possible to what it looks like right now. I want a very functional and mechanically reliable preservation of what it is now. It's a 51 year old truck so it should have some scars and grey hair. I'm just doing a hip and knee replacement.

As long as the 283 is salvageable, I will be rebuilding it. Not sure yet what to think about the 3OTT. I love the cool factor, but I'm open to exploring a 5spd since this will be my DD when I'm done and I don't want to be stuck in the slow lane going 60MPH at WOT.

I'm definitely doing 4 wheel disc brake conversion, and a moderate drop is also definitely going to happen.

It's way too early to decide what I'm doing on wheel/tire combos, but I really like the idea of 17" or 18" matte black steelies or Torq-D's with either a tiny whitewall or black on black.

I'm definitely ditching the fuel tank from inside the cab, and the bed will get a full on resto.

We're moving in a couple weeks so I probably won't really get going on this project at full steam until we're settled. I have a shop where I can park it and work on it indoors this winter, so next week I'll drag it over there.
53Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote