View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 03:59 AM   #6
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: bucket seat brackets and inner towers.

The floor area behind the seat are similar for K5's and suburbans but the pickups are different as they curve up at the rears of the brackets. I used Suburban bucket seats in my 86 shortbox truck but to make them work, I had to ditch the suburban seat tracks and instead I used 2 sets of pickup bench seat tracks. The mods required for a stock look weren't difficult-I shortened both seat forward/backward adjusters by 3" and redrilled holes in the seat framing to accept the pickup track hole alignments. It wasn't a big deal since I wanted to keep it appearing factory. And it gave me an opportunity to clean up/grease all the seat track slides, tweak the seat adjustment cable, etc. You could caveman it by putting the suburban seattracks in a HD vise and basically bend the rears of the brackets from facing down slightly to up slightly-this way it should fit the pickup floor alignment-Ive seen it done that way too....just he careful where you bend up with it or your rear mounting holes will be off.

And for the rear inner mounts I drilled holes through the floor and then welded 10mmx1.50 nuts from underneath to keep it looking factory-then I wirebrushed the welds-primed/painted and then undercoated the area all from underneath.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote