Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #422
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Brakes

This thing can now stop on it's own! I fought leaks for 2 days. But it was all my fault really. But there was a union that was ruined because of the line flare, it wasn't even so when it made it's impression inside the union it was angled and didn't seal.

I had to re-bend both of the SS lines going from frame to prop valve. Actually wasn't as bad as I though. They aren't perfect but they will do. I was able to straighten the lines completely and then start over using a large socket to make my pigtail coils.

Check out post 395 to see the before pics of the SS brake lines before I re-bent them.

I ended up cutting the flares off both sides of this union. I got a compression union from local hardware store to replace. It sealed perfectly and I think the compression union was a better choice anyways.

This guy, the crush washers that came with the kit didn't have thick enough washers. Only one thick washer... So the passenger side sealed just fine. The driver side ended up leaking like crazy so I doubled up the washers on the caliper side. Sealing just find now. I don't think your supposed to double them up but it's all I had.

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 11-11-2019 at 04:32 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote