View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #27
Firebirdjones

Re: Factory Blazer Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two45s View Post
1972 K5,

I find it interesting your option code decal calls your 504 color, medium olive green.....but OMJ's 1972 Blazer brochure color chart calls it willow green. I have seen it as medium olive ( not willow green ) on photos of the option code decal on the inside of the glovebox door. I saw a photo of the 511 ochre ( mustard ) color couple of weeks and I think it is the same color called wheatland yellow on OMJ's brochure. Maybe General Motors wanted to use fancy names on advertising and marketing materials. Probably another example of one department in a large corporation not knowing what another department is doing and or not doing. Anyone with a blue Blazer or pickup out there? What is the name and the color code listed on the option decal in the glovebox? I'm going to guess / bet it's not hawaiian blue or mariner blue, but medium blue, bright medium blue...something like that.
It's not surprising to me to see these SPIDS with different color names. Could be marketing as you say, but I also see alot of inconsistencies. Don't know if it's the person typing these things, or maybe it's just a monday truck?? Making a living restoring cars I've seen alot of strange things, different plants have different procedures and the same model car will have slight variances (or even screw ups).
To throw a real curve ball in here, my 72 Blazer pictured above (post 12?) is an original Tangier Orange, still with alot of it's original paint (floors and underhood as well as jambs,,,as you can see in the pics) But the color on my SPID is "medium olive". It's the original SPID as serial numbers match and everything else appears correct for options. Was this a monday truck?? Definately a typo on mine as far as the color goes....

Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote