View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 12:31 AM   #24
'63GENIII

Re: Wasn't looking for another project..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Whitewalls.....nice!
I may have helped on that decision . My Shovelhead has had wide whites since he was 2 or 3. I agree. They're gonna look pretty sharp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
What's the little motor and how fast will it take it?

Very cool project. I never knew these bikes existed either.
The motor comes in a kit from BBR. I think BBR modifies dirt bikes and makes parts for them as well. This motor is a 66 / 80 (I'm guessing a 66cc) 2 stroke. 4 - 4.5 hp depending on what you're reading. 1 speed with a handle bar mount cable clutch. Engine is bump started every time. As far as top speed.. not really sure. Maybe 25 - 30?

Interesting that the engine comes unassembled with zero instructions. Pretty clearly a china bomb knock off with the accompanied poor quality. I asked River how he and his friends assemble them and he said that they just slap 'em together... I guess his buddies have have more than a few blow up as well. I helped him with his. Decked the head, cleaned the overspray out of the cylinder and packing peanuts out of the case. Checked ring gap, used assembly lube on everything blah, blah, blah. My son said "he and his buddies didn't do any of that stuff".

It is a cool bike though. Ive seen the bicycles fetching a couple of bucks out here. Saw one unassembled in a box going for 500 recently. Never knew they existed til now. Current affairs aren't really my strong suit .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Cool project . The OCC bycicles were better than their actual choppers . Orange county is the next county over the first shop was about 35 minutes from my old house. Used to see Senior and young Paul at local poker runs and charity rides before the show . They usually never made it to the rides end .
Thank you for the laugh! Ive only built 2 chops and my current Shovel. Im no pro builder by any means but would like to think that the manure is on the outside of my boots unlike, well, those two.. . Id watch the show with buddies that Id ride or wrench with and it was more of a sitcom for us. Just goes to show that a fool and their money are always parting somewhere

Anyways, for a fairly "inexpensive" bicycle, its actually pretty well built as you say. Nice welds, heavy enough tubing to have a couple of ponds of rust blasted off and still be solid. Nice thick drop outs for the rear wheel.

Your story about them still has me laughing though!

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote