Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 12:21 PM   #153
CSHADES

Smile Re: project 39

i have been trying to figure out what i was going to do about seat tracks and getting the seat mounted. as i had shown previously i mocked up the seat with blocks of wood to figure out my seat height. i had a set of aftermarket seat tracks but i wasnt impressed with them as far as mounting. on saturday mornings i take my garbage and recycles to the shop to dispose of them. when i was putting my garbage in the dumpster i happened to look over at the metal dumpster and saw that the seat that my brother had changed out in a 2000ish f150 last week. i looked at the seat tracks on it and thought those might work better for my project at home. so i stripped them off of the seat before any of the scrap vultures got to it. when i got home i measured them up and used a combination of tracks from the drivers and passenger sides. cut and weld drill a couple of holes and wala seat tracks. the only thing i didnt get done was the adjuster lever but after looking at it i have a plan. just goes to show sometimes the best plan just falls in place if you are looking and remember never throw away anything. the first picture is the track that i bought.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote