View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 12:58 AM   #8
siggyfreud

Re: Project "Ghost" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Any reason you don’t want to get tires that fit properly on the front? If your like me, I use excuses to justify new wheels. Like...“ well, there is a decent layer of brake dust on the chrome, so I better just get ahead of it and grab that new set...” Really though, what are your plans for wheels? Perhaps something to show off the purdy big brakes? You’ getting a bunch of work done in a hurry on this man. Very cool.
Brian
Mainly because I want larger tires. They're 255 on the front, and I'd really like to stick with that or go bigger. I have 305's on the rear, so I'd like to get like a 275 or 285 on the front. Sticking with the rim there now the MOST I could get would be a 235 I think as it's a 7" rim, and even that might be bigger than ideal for good handling.

So I'd really like to go with an 18x9 or 18x10 on the front. I'm happy to keep the rears as I think they're 20x11, and I don't mind a staggered look.

But I NEED new front tires, as they're down to the wear bars, so If I'm dropping a few hundred on nice tires, I'd rather not spend the money twice.

I love a Rambler-style wheel, but if I stick with these American racing wheels, which I do like, it'll be cheaper replacing 2 wheels instead of 4.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote