View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
-Greg72

VintageAir for rear A/C?.... anything aftermarket??

Hey Folks,

I'm looking into retrofitting my '72 Burb (which has front and rear factory A/C) with an aftermarket system. I've heard plenty of good things about VintageAir and know that they make a front system that would work (same as the C10 pickup or Blazers, right?) but I'm wondering if anyone knows if they make an additional kit to re-use the rear A/C also?

A truck with an interior as HUGE as the Suburban could certainly use a second "zone" of A/C...I'm just wondering how difficult it's going to be to find (or make) a solution. Ideally, I'd like to preserve the original look of the rear A/C box on the ceiling and just swap in modern guts so that I don't have to keep paying for R12 recharges (which leak out almost immediately anyway).

My guess is that I'll have to swap out all the hoses and almost everything else...that doesn't really bother me, though I'm sure it's going to get spendy to do a complete front & rear solution.

Searching didn't reveal anything obvious, so if someone knows of a link or member who's already done this I'd appreciate hearing about it.

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote