View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #34
Mr Banshee

Re: Project Blazilla

Thanks for watching and reading. I knew at one point that I would walk down this road doing a restoration however I figured I would do it in smaller stages. After building the engine I was going just spruce the engine bay up and change the body mounts. Things were far too ugly so here we are. It will be a fun journey. I enjoy documenting it on this website as much as working on it.

You are definitely correct with the clearance on the ORD Hangers. At the time I made that statement I hadn’t received them yet but figured that there would more work here. I ended up adding addition clearance for the header collector to hanger right around a 1 ¼ total. I don’t have any pictures of my procedure but what I did was forming a small pocket in the collector with heat and a socket/hammer. Then I mounted the header flipped up on my mock-up engine in the truck like in a drag boat. Put a 3” web ratchet strap around the header right at the bend going to the collector and strapped to the truck frame. Took another strap around the collector and across to the other side of the frame. Headed the pipes and started ratcheting the strap to the collector slowly. Took a while but worked out well. I’ll eventually get the headers coated when I do I finally fit on the restored chassis.
Mr Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote