View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 01:07 PM   #1
Tipster_621

Newbie from NC - '71 GMC C1500 Custom

I started looking for an old truck last year some time, and quickly got discouraged because of how much they're going for these days. Between that, and not really having a lot of time to put into a project, I had given up, until May of this year, when we saw this '71 GMC just a couple of miles down the road. It has around 95,000 miles on it, and had one owner - they gave me the original bill of sale.

I was willing to pay what they were asking, and brought her home. Other than replacing the fuel pump, which was leaking, I haven't done anything to it yet. We've driven it around a few times, and now the transmission is leaking from somewhere. I'll probably need to drop the TH-400 and rebuild it or replace it. I've order new door window seals and still need to put those on. The fuel gauge isn't working, so I need to troubleshoot that, and some other things like flush all the fluids and whatnot.

The hood was replaced sometime back in the '70s or '80s, with one from a salvage yard, and painted to match, and now, there's a spot on the front left corner where the paint and primer have peeled up. Other than that, there's no major rust, and it's solid as a rock.
Attached Images

Tipster_621 is offline   Reply With Quote