View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 12:08 AM   #69
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Purchased a 1969 C10 Short Bed - Pleasanton, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke87gt View Post
I ordered a rear chrome sport bumper today.

What I realized though is that I seem to be missing the brackets that bolt to that bumper?

Any recommendations where to pick that up? I hope I don’t have some complications as a result of this being a converted short bed? Might have to drill some bracket holes?
Wow, that truck looks real clean, how's the rust situation, cuz I don't see any. And a SWB too, very cool.

Some really great advice above. Other than that, if you drop an HEI in there, word is to gap the sparks plugs a pinch greater than specs. HEI are awesome, I'm using the same Delco I pulled in 1993 off a 1975ish.

Rear bumper. Well, you need to know the bolt pattern in your frame rails, for brackets. It's probably 5.0" or 7.1" IMO, and if so, the outer brackets are the same, while the inners are per the frame rails. If you have rear leaf springs, then it's a 5.3" pattern, and I can tell you how to modify an available set, cuz you sure as heck won't find them.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 03-11-2024 at 12:18 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote