View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #42
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Well, I got some more work done to the blazer last week and this week. Since I got the drivers side cowls solid I figured the next logical step would be to get the passenger side solid again.

Unlike the drivers side the passenger side cowl was actually in very good shape. The only issue I could see was down where the fresh air vent was there was a rusty area. This is what the cowl looked like before work started.

Of course there was the typical layer of leaves inside once it was opened up.

This was the problem area. The metal around the fresh air vent flap was heavily rusted on the top and the bottom on the piece on the front. Besides that and part of the inner cowl to outer cowl support panel everything was solid beneath the outer cowl panel.

Here is what the area looked like after all of the rotten metal was taken out. Alot less metal missing here than there was at this point on the drivers side.

A comparison of the rotten panel bieng replaced to that of the donor panel that was pulled off of my 72 parts suburban body.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote