View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #86
Root2812

Re: Pre-LS swap questions

Figured I'd share some pics since I didn't have any earlier. Not much to show but things are going to start happening now. The chassis is disassembled and at the blaster and now I'm rebuilding my engine since I found rust in the cylinders.

Here is the bare frame. Its hanging off the lift to make the finish welding on the bottom easy.

And here is my motor. I pulled the head off and found an inch and a half of water in the #6 cylinder because the guy who sold it to me left it outside for a while. I got it really cheap and now I can build it up like new.

And since there are boring pics I figured I'd share a taste of things to come. My next LS swap will be on this 67 GTO convertible. Its been my dads since the early 80's and it just hasn't done anything other than be a shelf for 30 years. We plan to keep the stock transmission so that the His/Her shifter can be kept but then drop a 6.0L in it. The stock motor is gone so LS it is. We unburied it since this pic was taken.

I'm in a picture uploading mood so here is a pic of my truck working. I am building my LS powered chassis to swap this body on to but for now I'm using it in its stock form. Max speed of 55mph with the pedal to the floor! I took it to the landfill to drop off some stuff.

Stay tuned, I'm close to done with the chassis and wiring for the engine. Then the engine build and hopefully the first fire up before my baby comes in August.