View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 06:15 PM   #17
LT7A

Re: Sold my 1990 Chevy Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Yeah, I bought it with some money my mother left me after she passed away in June, 2020. I just had to do something that I know she would have wanted me to do, which was NOT just put it in the bank and sit on it. That truck was great find and it gave me something to get my mind off my grief and seemed to really cheer me up. I went to a lot of car shows in it and won some trophies. It really was an eye catcher!

I honestly hated driving it, though, because I didn't want to get it dirty because I would have to wash it and might scratch the paint. Aint that crazy? I mean it! That's just crazy illogical on my part.

So my dad turned 82 and doesn't drive very much anymore and he had already given me his dad's '67 F100. Now he's given me his '03 Silverado. I'm an only child, and I've always known someday the day will come when I'll end up with all of my parent's things. I'm not ready just yet, though.

The '03 drives great, though, and is really super nice. It has 58K miles on it and is still almost new-like inside.
I think that's the dilemma in having a really nice truck that is increasing in value. (Un)fortunately, I don't have that much of a problem with mine, haha. It might be increasing in value a couple hundred dollars a year. But it'd be hard to say that all of my thinking with regard to the trucks is rational or logical. It only has to make sense to me In the final analysis, I can see selling a truck that's taking up garage space and resources if the upkeep is keeping you from driving it. My solution is to buy beat up trucks so that they've already got the wear and tear and nowhere to go but up ; )

Last edited by LT7A; 03-01-2024 at 06:29 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote