View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Well after thinking about for a long time, I decided not to spend any $ on the small block. Even though it was still a good setup with the cracked piston. It is amazing that it didn't let go and do damage. The cylinder was in perfect condition.

So instead....hmmm, I have this sitting in the driveway doing nothing.

An original 1 owner 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4wd club cab long box with 287,000km. Blown rad, blown auto tranny, every steel line rotten, total front end srewed, needs total and everything to do with breaks. Fenders rotten, doors rotten, floors-rockers-cab corner rotten. Basically needs everything and anything to get even close to road worthy.
So then, that's it. Pulled the plug. Sold everything in Kijiji that I didn't need or want for the 350 4spd 208 TC.

Then started this....

NOTE: If you pull the rear valve cover and rocker assy, you can pull the 12V with the bumper and the hood still installed. You just have to shift it slightly to clear the Xmember.

It was hard and easy. Did it by myself.
Stay tuned....

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote