View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #22
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

So back to the build.
I got the front and rear axles temporary installed with the new springs for mock up. I leveled the frame, side to side, front to back, to begin the more interesting stage of this build which is fabricating new engine mounts.

I installed the chev mounts back on the frame to see if they would be any good to use. ( turns out no, didn't want them )
I started off marking the front support for clearance cut for the balancer.

It's a little hard to see but that small hole in the center lines up perfect with the crank/driveline/14Bolt.

So then I temporary mounted the adaptor and bellhousing in preparation to set the engine into the frame.

So then I lifted to little engine assembly into place. I removed the front balancer to clear the xmember. I wanted to first see how things lined up before I cut it out.

Once I confirmed things like the Vac/Hydro pump and turbo would clear I started pulling/holding the engine into place using ratchet straps.

I used the old xmember and wood to hold to weight in the rear and a block of wood and floor jack on the front. This made it easy to raise/lower the drive angle as needed.

Front jack. Also note the large amount of oil pan clearance!

Lots of starter clearance.

Driveline angle mockup.

With the straps and blocks and lift all pulled tight, this thing isn't moving.
Now it's in the right spot, time for the mounts to be fabbed up!

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote