View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #23
Russ.W.

Re: "Wrongside" - 1967 Right-hand Drive C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina/10 View Post
Those are some good looking cars you've got way down there!
Thanks mate. I enjoy them

Had a good day today.

Firstly, stopped in at a hardware and grabbed one of those boltless shelf things. Needed to get all the stuff I've removed, off of the tray, so I could remove the tray.

From this:

... to this:

Then I began on the tray. This is obviously not the factory original tray. It was a PO's home-made effort, with 2 layers of 6"x1.5" timbers, 12 lengths per layer. Nailed together with a few screws here and there. Approx 20 nails per timber To make it easier to pry up, I grabbed the circular saw and cut the top layer into 3 pieces. Saved a lot of time.

... the nails removed from just the top layer:

Was going to head home after that, but decided to have a quick look at the pesky rounded bolt on the front fender and see if I had missed something - and I had. There was one more bolt on the back of the radiator support going into the outer grill/light surround piece. Moved that, and it allowed everything else to move more freely. Grabbed the chisel and hammer and smashed it between them to try and make some room for the reciprocating saw ...

30 seconds later ...

The fender is still attached by the smallest piece of metal down near the door where it was bogged together, so tomorrow I'll come in from the other side with the chisel & hammer and just smash it out.

Now that I have access to the bumper bolts and everything under the bed, I covered every nut & bolt with penetrating lube to try and soften them up for tomorrow, so hopefully I can get the bumper off, and a couple things off the back.

Also, noticed this with my Diff. Has a hose coming out the top that goes to nowhere. Is this just a vent tube?

Tomorrow I'll hopefully get the bumper off, and I'll have a crack at removing the dash & steering gear as well.

Due to be at the blasters in 9 days, wonder if I can make it in time

Russ.W. is offline   Reply With Quote