View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
ron lechman

Question Restoring dad's 68 C10

Hi. I'm relatively new to the forum.
I am doing a budget restoration to the 68 C10 fleetside long box that dad bought new. I was 17 at the time and he told me to pick out the one of six that were available for $2788.00. I pick one of the two light green trucks with body side trim. It was a 250 six with a three on the tree. Dad used it sparingly as a light work truck.
Before dad passed he gave me the truck with only 63,000 miles.
I have used it as a light work truck as well as a daily driver.
It now has a 307 with a 350 trans and 106,000 miles.
It has the typical rust in the usual areas; lower fenders,doors, rockers, cab corners and floor.
I'm collection parts like power steering and disc brakes to make it more pleasant to drive. I could sure use a solid nice driver's door and tailgate and some rust repair panels if someone has spares.
Most of the trim has some kind of damage and I would like to find some in better condition.
I'm planning to strip the truck down to the frame and replace the worn components. I'm NOT building a show truck or trailer queen. Been there,done that. Trophies and awards are collecting dust somewhere...
I just want the truck to look good with no issues.

I have one question.
Is the frame year specific or can I use a frame from a different year on my 1968 C10 fleet side long box?
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
ron lechman is offline   Reply With Quote