View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #6
68Gold/white

Re: First post Changing 3/4 ton rear end to half ton rear end

I started a thread about 70's with disc brakes, you mentioned the truck offered to you in it. I sold auto parts back in 80's and 90's.

Had a customer that wanted front brake PADS for his 70, had been all over town, everyone wanted to sell him shoes. He was pretty huffy acting when he asked me for the parts. I calmly told him that disc brakes were listed in MY catalog as an option, no big deal.....he said he'd be doing business at my store from then on. Not sure I ever saw him again. Wish I had gotten to know him. Many times I went to customers house after work to help them figure out how to repair their vehicle. Yeah, I sold a lot of parts, in my day. Folks would look to see if my car was at store before they turned in the drive way. Not bragging. Think about it, how many bad experiences have you had at a parts store??? Likely most of them were bad, unless you found someone that knew their job, and tried to genuinely help you.......

I've had my 68 since 1980, had gained knowledge of these models. My parts book showed 1970 that disc was an option. May have been something GM did in 70, possibly started using 71 parts early. Have not had any positive's her on 70 disc brake pickups...oh, well
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote