View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #69
Jahloha

Re: Great deal on new crate engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
No problem on the thread jack. I talked with a guy at Northern Tool this morning and he said he planned on ordering one today as well for his 88 K10 project

From what I understand, to get the full 12yr 36K warranty you have to put it in a vehicle that originally had a tree fiddy in it. That means for us 67/68 guys we get screwed and only get the 1 year 12 month warranty because 350's weren't installed in trucks until '69. However, I guess I could argue I pulled a 350 out and am replacing it... I don't think it matters. As long as it doesn't blow in the first couple months, I'll probably only put 10K on it before the 3 years would be up anyway. I used to put 5 to 6K/yr on the truck, but now that I have the 65 Mustang, they split the mileage now.

Also, the 260 horsepower is an assumed power.

From Jegs:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet+Perf...67353/10002/-1

So you need to start off with a 4 barrel and headers just to get the 260 hp rating. So, not much to be gained with anything else. Mine will have stock rams horns and an edelbrock performer intake and carb I've been saving.
Didnt even notice that little caveat. I definitely will not be running headers, I will be running ram horns like you. Regarding carb/intake, I have been looking at the 2023 combo (edelbrock single quad 1813 800cfm thunder series carb & 7101 intake)

Also, I am assuming that this engine would have no problem getting my 4.10s rolling in the back. Is that a safe assumption?

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote