Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #155
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well got some things done today..only one picture but its a good picture.

Got the driveshaft installed, brakes bled, new shocks installed, gas tank and seat back in, steering wheel put back in......ran it through some checks on jack stands....checked for leaks while she was running and THEN............went for a drive!!!!!!!!

Tranny TV cable has to be adjusted but Randy will get that taken care of....it shifts fine just doesn't seem to have any power....real sluggish and shifting way too quick but we will get that adjusted and I'm sure it will be just fine.

I did manage to break one of the lugnuts off the front wheel when I was checking the wheels....never thought an 18 volt impact would break a wheel stud....so Ill have to get that fixed as well.

Once I get her running like she should then Ill take the bed off and continue to get it sanded down and whie I'm doing that Ill take her somewhere and get the metal work done...but it was soo good to hear her run and drive her down the road for a little bit.

Before I put the differential cover back on I re-checked the gears and recounted the teeth.....it was 41 and 11...guess I was just tired the other day...so it looks like I have a 3.73 rear end....once I get the bed off I will be able to get a better look at the axle tube.

I will tell you that the filler bolt was some kind of pain to get out..a real pain for sure but I got it out and filled it full of 90w.

They also installed new u-joints on the drive shaft when they cut it down...these now have grease fittings...the other ones did not...Man said that when he spun it up the rear u-joint wabbled and he replaced them...guess all the beating around on it I did may have had something to do with that...anyways new u-joints cant be a bad thing...

Still got some things to button up and adjust before she is mechanically sound and I feel confident to take her for a longer trip...slowly but surely shes coming along...at least she moves on her own power.

I will tell you this much.....with no insulation on the floors or firewall it tends to heat up quick...lol
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote