View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #194
smokehouse

Re: Bench Seats, Having them Reupholstered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I use Fedex to ship my seats. I have checked with Fastenal and it is just little cheaper, but he time frame can be ridiculous. And to me a lot can happen doing that time. Shipping with Fedex, most of the seats will be delivered within the week, 2-5 days. And I fully insure them!!. The cost is based on size, weight and distance. The average is $200-$250. I shipped one, right here in Ohio, it was still $200. Shipping would hit the $250 mark, say going to California.
! was shipped to Canada, that was about double the cost of shipping.
2 went to Dubai, I only shipped the seats to Cleveland & Pittsburg and then they put the package in a shipping container, which was then put on a ship. The one that went to Pittsburg, met up with the truck that was being shipped over there too. But the customers in Dubai had this part setup, so I have no idea what the cost was at this point. But here is how the seat looks packed up. The small box is the hinge garnishes. I prefer to ship the separate. because of the weight of the seat, if someone would ever set the seat down hard on a corner, it would break those garnishes.
Have you every thought about using greyhound shipping is very cheap with them do it all the time for my aircooled vw stuff.
smokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote