View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #29
landarts
landarts

Re: 69 K10 From the Field

After cleaning off the door panels and the transmission hump I noticed something that made me wonder. The transmission hump hole for the transfer case looks like it was cut with a torch which would not have been the way it was done at factory. The truck is a K10 by all the VIN numbers and and the number on the frame, all of the inside stickers etc......VIN plate is attached by standard Rosette pop rivets that looks it age. The paint looks exactly like the rest of the paint in the cab without any variance in color. The SPID has the vin number matching and one of the items listed is front locking hubs. So with all of that there is no reason for me to think it is anything different than a K10.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe it had a NP205 transfer case originally which sits to the right of the hump and somewhere along the way they swapped out for a different transfer case that sits more on the left side like in the picture. I did flip it over and there are no signs off welded metal or patching of any sort.

The door panels are in excellent shape, I will treat them with some plastic vinyl conditioner and at this point not sure if they will need to be resprayed with SEM color. The back side is in good shape, will cleanup with red scotch brite and put a coat of paint on them to preserve.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer

Last edited by landarts; 06-07-2019 at 09:04 AM.
landarts is online now   Reply With Quote