View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #233
WIDESIDE72

Re: 72 SWB STEP "Army truck" Budget Build

Part of my love for 67-72 Chevy trucks comes from the fact that he bought a new dark green with white top 72 c10 long bed fleetside soon after I was born. It had an auto trans, ps and pb, but no ac. He had it up into the early 80's and always regretted selling it. I recall many fun times in that truck. He had a camper shell that he would take off and on. Sometimes we would pull his boat to different lakes all over Texas and my brothers and I would sleep in a tent and he and my momma would sleep in the "camper" (she tolerated a lot LOL). Other times he would tow our little pop up camper and my grandparents would follow in their car and camp with us. He drove the truck to work when he worked in a fab shop, before taking up pipeline welding, so he opted for the 307 as a compromise. That was what led to it being traded for a 73 or 74 C10 Cheyenne Super (or Silverado?) lwb fleetside with a 454 (and ac!). It was a sharp truck, black with a red interior, but not as well built and with the feel and smooth ride of the 72.
Attached Images

WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote